As a maternity and newborn photographer, I understand how overwhelming it can be for new parents when it comes to finding the best baby products. I still remember wandering around Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby trying to decide which car seat and stroller to put on our registry, and what items were actually NEEDED and what were just gimmicks. With Buy Buy Baby closing down, it’s going to make it much harder for expecting parents to make those decisions. There just aren’t any other local stores that offer the same selection in Dallas. Now, more than ever, we will be talking with our families, friends, and neighbors to help us make informed decisions. But don’t worry, there are still plenty of places for parents to find all the essentials they need for their newborn.
- Target: Target is one of the best places for expecting parents to find everything they need for their baby. From clothing to diapers to strollers, Target has a wide variety of baby products at affordable prices. They also have a baby registry option, making it easy for friends and family to purchase gifts for the new arrival.
- Amazon: With Amazon, you can shop for baby items from the comfort of your own home. They have a huge selection of products, including diapers, strollers, baby monitors, and more. Plus, if you’re a Prime member, you can take advantage of free two-day shipping on many baby items.
- Walmart: Walmart has a large selection of baby products, including clothing, diapers, and wipes. They also have a baby registry option and offer free two-day shipping on many baby items.
- Pottery Barn Kids: Pottery Barn Kids has beautiful nursery furniture, bedding, and accessories.
- RuffleButts: Online, based in DFW shop that has beautiful clothing for baby and children.
- Babylist: Not really just a store, but also a registry where your friends and family can add their local purchases, or buy directly from big retailers like Target and Amazon.
- Neon Elephant – Highland Village – Baby and children’s clothing and gifts
- Little Orange Fish – Grapevine – Baby and children’s clothing and gifts
- Divine Consign – Grapevine & Plano – Twice a year large consignment sales with quality clothes at excellent prices
- Small Pockets – Dallas – Consignment store for high end children’s and maternity items
While it’s very sad to see Buy Buy Baby closing down, there are still plenty of places for new parents to find all the baby items they need. Whether you prefer to shop in-store or online, there are a lots of options available to make preparing for your new arrival as stress-free as possible.
To read some tips on the essentials that you need with a newborn, check out my article here – Newborn Essentials for Baby Safety