About Your Lifestyle Newborn Session
- Your lifestyle newborn session takes place in your home (or we can rent a studio), and all images are lightly posed or documentary style. I bring a wrap or two, and use different spaces in your home to capture life with your little one.
- In a lifestyle session, I share a questionnaire with you to help plan the session, so I know what types of images are most important for you. I also love to know if you have anything special you would like to incorporate – a special blanket or item that you want captured.
- We typically use three areas within your home – the living room, master bedroom, and nursery. Each of these locations plays an important part of your life with your new family, and I love capturing my families there. If you decorated your nursery, I make sure to capture those beautiful details. They make wonderful additions to your custom album, especially if there are items that are extra special, like a quilt from your grandmother or artwork from a friend.
- Poses are varied – I get lots of family together, as well as each family member(including siblings) with your newborn. And I get lots of images of just the baby, too. Just like my posed newborn sessions, I like include the little details, like eyelashes, toes, and hair. They are things that you will want to remember over the years!
- If your home is cluttered and that worries you, don’t let that stop you from enjoying these moments. I can ensure that the images focus on you and not your surroundings.
- Some other things that are fun to capture – feeding, snuggling, swaddling, reading books, anything that you love to do with your baby can be captured.
- This session typically lasts about one hour.
Images from a lifestyle newborn session.
To learn about what my posed sessions include, visit here.