About Your Posed Newborn Session
- Your posed newborn session is a beautiful blend of lifestyle family portraits, and posed newborn images. You are able to relax on your couch, have your hair and makeup done, and watch your little one sleep while I work.
- In a posed session, I bring all of my studio items that I will use to your home. A questionnaire is shared with you to help plan the session, which goes over themes and colors, and what’s most important for you. From that, I custom design everything that I bring, and it all will get set up in whatever open space you may have. Among the items I typically bring, are wraps, small props for placing baby in (like a bowl or a bed), and hats or headbands. Your gallery will all flow together because the colors and textures among the different sets will compliment each other.
- Your pictures of your baby will include a variety of full body shots and poses, as well as closer crops and images focused on details like eyelashes and toes. The little details are some of my favorite to capture, and I love including them in your custom album. They also make great additions to a wall gallery for the nursery. The posed portion of this session typically lasts about 2 hours, sometimes taking a little break for baby to feed.
- Family portraits are less formal in these sessions, and follow a lifestyle flow. You have decorated the nursery as you waited for your little one’s arrival, and your family portraits are taken in there to capture your first moments as a family. We also typically capture some images in the living room and master bedroom as well. Don’t worry about whether there’s a little mess or clutter – the focus of these is on your baby and new family. These images can include your whole family, including any other children, and pets.
- The entire session, including posed and lifestyle images, typically lasts 2-3 hours.
Images from a posed newborn session, including family lifestyle portraits.
To learn about what my lifestyle sessions include, visit here.